Bloom Bodyworks Policy & Information
Please take the time to make sure you understand the following policies and information. These policies are in place to be fair to everyone and to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Cancellations, No Shows, Late Arrivals, and Sickness:
Cancellations – I request at least 24 hours notice of cancellation of any appointment. Cancellations of 12 hours or less will be charged 50% of the session’s regular rate.
No Shows – Not showing up for an appointment, or arriving too late is considered a No Show. No shows will be charged 100% of the session’s regular rate.
Late Arrivals – If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for a 60 minute or longer session, you will be considered a No Show and will be charged as such. If you arrive more than 5 minutes late for a 45 minute or shorter session, you will be considered a No Show and will be charged as such. Proper intake procedures will be conducted regardless of lateness. Please arrive as instructed to avoid loss of massage time and no show fees.
Sickness – If you are sick you will need to reschedule your appointment. This is a health and safety precaution for you, me, and other patrons. I will not work on you if you are sick. Cancellation policy still applies.
Package minutes, gift certificates or vouchers are subject to having the value reduced or forfeited in the event of a late cancellation or no show.
Please notify me as soon as possible if you will be late, need to reschedule, or cancel. I reserve the right to discontinue services to any client that cannot respect these policies. Appointment reminders are a courtesy offered to you, but not to be used as an excuse for missing or arriving late to an appointment if the reminder is not received.
In the event of inclement weather (ex: hurricane, accumulated snow/ice), I may choose to cancel appointments. If this happens, I will notify you as soon as possible. If I remain open and you do not feel safe to travel due to the described inclement weather, please, as a courtesy, contact me to let me know you will not be coming in. Cancellation fees will be waived in the event of these weather situations, regardless of who cancels. I would prefer all parties remain safe.
Returned Payments and Charge-Backs:
If any form of payment submitted for services comes back returned or “charged-back” for any reason it will result in the following actions:
• You will be billed a fee of $36.00 in addition to the full session fee;
• You must pay all monies owed prior to any other services rendered and;
• You will be required to pre-pay for any future services.
I reserve the right to discontinue providing services to any client for any reason. Appropriate legal action will be taken if you do not settle payment.
Draping, Hygiene, and Inappropriate Behavior:
• Modest draping is required (no exceptions) in accordance to South Carolina state law, and only the area being worked on will be uncovered.
• You are expected to maintain proper hygiene for massage sessions.
• I reserve the right to discontinue or refuse services at any time for unacceptable behavior or hygiene issues.
• Massage sessions are strictly professional and therapeutic. Any inappropriate remarks, jokes, or actions will terminate the session immediately and you will be liable for the full session fee. Proper authorities will be contacted for inappropriate behavior.
Other Policies & Information:
• Booking or receiving an appointment or purchasing any gift certificate or voucher indicates that you understand and agree to all policies.
• New clients are expected to arrive 10-15 minutes before their scheduled session time to complete an intake form. Existing clients, with no health changes, may arrive 5 minutes early.
• Clients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian during the entire session.
• If your need for a massage is related to an injury, for health and safety reasons, please book your appointment at least 3 days after your injury. Injuries as well as other health conditions may require a medical release from your doctor prior to receiving services. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me prior to booking your session.
• Tattoos: Any area of the body that has been tattooed within the last 6 weeks (or otherwise has not fully healed) will have to be avoided during your massage.
• Tanning: If you plan to use self-tanning products or spray-on tanning services, please book your massage before using these products or services. Failure to do so before your tan is fully set will not only stain my linens and my hands & arms, but it will also ruin your beautiful new tan.
• Gift Certificate Policy: See Terms here.
Tips on Tipping:
• Leaving a 15% to 20% tip based on the original price of the service is customary.
• If you are getting a promotional or discounted rate, it is customary to tip based on the full value of the service.