Why You Should Choose Bloom
Get the massage you want while getting the therapy you need.
We don’t stick to one style of bodywork or another. Instead we blend techniques to bring effective stress and pain relief. We stay up to date on new research and techniques to help you achieve desired results and to provide a safe and enjoyable experience.
As for deep tissue we don’t believe in the “no pain, no gain” theory. Why would you want to experience more pain as a requirement to making progress? True deep tissue is simply taking the time to work through the superficial layers to get to the deeper ones. When working we listen to you and also feel for a certain level of resistance in your tissues. We won’t work beyond this resistance or your comfort level. When your body tenses up due to applying too much pressure too soon, it has the opposite effect on your body and the results we are trying to achieve.
Regular Bodywork is Encouraged
You provide regular care to your pets, your home, and your car, so why not take care of yourself too?
While some of our clients enjoy the more relaxing elements to our treatments, most come for chronic stress and pain management, and the overall wellness effects of regular bodywork.
We seek to only work with those that are ready to be dedicated to their personal health and well-being. The beauty of bodywork is that it’s benefits are compounded when it is utilized as a frequent therapy. The more you receive bodywork on a regular basis, the more effective it is. For stress or for pain, it can be a powerful ally in your healthcare regimen.
Your pain is either an accumulation of stress or injury that has happened over time, related to a medical condition, or related to a sudden event. Will you feel some relief after your first session? Sure, but true long term relief takes time and consistency.
After your first session, we can better evaluate what worked and where to move forward. Your treatment plan will change as you progress. Frequency and duration will need to be adjusted based on how your body responds to therapy.
We See You
Leave your insecurities behind. One of the reasons we chose to move our studio to the Houndslake Wellness Associates Center is because it is full of friendly faces and lots of laughter. This is a space for healing and we pride ourselves on providing a safe and judgement free zone.
Why Women Only
There are many practitioners in the area that can provide massage services to most any client, man or woman, in a spa or clinical setting. We are simply following what brings us the most joy. We looked at the traits of the clients we enjoy working with the most and found several common factors, the biggest of which is they are almost all women. They work hard and enjoy life, some are now retired. and some have survived a form of physical or emotional trauma.
We find that women have benefited the most from our services, both in the actual massage and in the conversation. Our clients tend to be sharers. They love to tell us about the good, the bad, and the ugly things they’ve experienced. They find the simple act of talking while getting their massage therapeutic. We may not be doctors, but no matter if a client wants to zone out or if they want to tell us about what’s going on, we will listen and follow their lead. We love hearing our client’s stories, sharing in their excitement over awesome news, and if need be, provide a safe place where they can cry it out.
Overall, we simply want to offer bodywork in a restorative place where women feel safe and supported as they move through their healing process.
~ Live • Laugh • Grow • Bloom ~
Licensed Massage and Bodywork Therapist – SC 9323
Certified MediCupping Practitioner
I initially started learning about massage after observing a LMT that was providing comfort care for cancer patients and their care givers at an oncology center. As I continued my research, I began learning about other conditions massage could benefit. As a migraine sufferer from an early age along with chronic tension headaches as an adult, I began seeking out alternative therapies. That’s when I decided to try massage therapy and began my journey into what is now a highly satisfying career.
Upon graduation from the Clinical Massage Therapy program at Midlands Technical College, I began a private practice in West Columbia while working part time in Aiken at a spa. I fell in love with the Aiken area and it’s people, so ultimately I said farewell to my private practice in West Columbia and transitioned into private practice in Aiken.
I am certified by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB) and I am licensed by the State of South Carolina. I continue my training by learning advanced techniques from some of the top educators in the country so I may continue providing the best integrated, custom tailored massage and bodywork services to my clients.
Fun Facts About Me:
- Favorite Food: That’s a tie between pizza and fruit.
- Favorite Animal: I love all things critter, but I do have a soft spot for cats.
- Favorite Day of the Week: Saturday.
- Favorite Music: Depends on my mood.
- Favorite Vehicle Type: Truck.
- Country, Suburbs, or City: Country. Born, raised, and will always stay.
- Jeans or Slacks: Jeans. Unless I’m at home, then it’s fluffy pajama pants and one of my hubby’s sweatshirts.
- Person I Look up to the Most: My Grandmother. Gone from this Earth, but never forgotten.
- Nickname: My mom called me Grunt as a teen because most of my answers back then were sounds, not words.
It’s not about being the best, it’s about being better than you were yesterday.
To provide the best massage possible, advanced training is needed. Continuing education is an ongoing process. Here’s some of my background:
- Yomassage™ Therapist
- MediCupping VacuTherapy
- Therapeutic Massage Cupping
- Clinical Rehabilitative Massage
- Orthopedic Massage & Assessment
- Integrated Manual Therapy & Orthopedic Massage for Complicated Pain Conditions – Lower Body
- Deconstruct Your Headache Pain
- Myofascial Techniques: Working with Migraines
- Myofascial Techniques: Working with Whiplash
- Myofascial Techniques for Neck & Low Back Pain
- Precision Neuromuscular Therapy
- Demystifying Complex Neck Conditions
- The 42 Pound Head: Fixing Funky Necks
- Russian Sports Massage
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation (IASTM)
- World Massage Festival 2019
- World Massage Conference 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Common Conditions Pain Summit 2018
- Healing Trauma Summit 2018
- Global Wellness Professionals Marketing Summit 2018, 2019
- Head & Neck Pain Summit 2016
- Back Pain Summit 2015
Associations & Memberships:
- ABMP – Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals – Certified Member – 2015 to Present
- Badass Bodyworkers – Lifetime VIP Member – 2017 to Present
- Day Spa Association – 2017 to Present
- AMTA – American Massage Therapy Association – 2014 to 2015
Donation, Volunteer, Sponsorship & Other Event Work: